Saturday, November 28, 2009

Scary Accident!!

Saturday November 21, 2009 we had an extrememly scary experience in our family. Rustin was helping Bev, a single lady that he works with cut down some dead cottonwood and elm trees in her yard. He was cutting under a split in the tree and his chainsaw got pinched in the cut. He was trying to pull the saw out with his left hand while his buddy was pulling on the branch with the truck and his saw came loose at the same time that the branch started to fall, while falling it grazed him. He lost his balance in this process and fell. He had climbed a 10 foot ladder to get up in the tree so his feet were about 11 feet from the ground and his head was 16 feet from the ground. I was tending his buddies kids and he called and told me to come, because Rustin had fallen out of the tree. I rushed the kids into the suburban and drove as fast as the speed limit would let me. He was about 7 blocks from our house through town. I pulled up and saw the ambulance there and immedietly started freaking out. When I got there Rustin was sitting on a log and they paramedics were cutting his shirt open. It wasn't really warm on Saturday either. They had a neck brace on him. They put him on the board and strapped his head down. Put him in the ambulance and we headed to St. George. I was so greatful for great friends and neighbors who I knew my kids would be safe with. Chase just ran right over to the kids and I didn't worry one bit.



Here is the what happened to his wrist from the fall. It is a very serious fracture.



Before the surgey, comparing the broken and non-broken. As you can see some serious swelling occured.



Here are a picture of the screws and plate in his wrist.
We are so grateful that he wasn't hurt more. This accident could have been so much worse. Thank you for all of your thought, prayers and help in our time of need.

1 comment:

Jax said...

Wow! I saw on facebook that Rus was having surgery, but I didn't know why. I can only imagine how you must have felt when you saw the ambulance.