Well I have had an emotional and wonderful experience and wanted to record it. On Sunday I was combing my hair and thought to myself, my eye feels weird. Upon a closer look I noticed a droopy eye. I went to Rus and said I think there is something wrong with my eye. He looked closely at me and said ya it looks swollen, paused and then said, No I think it is droopy. I kept my cool for about 15 minutes, but as the symptoms worsened and I had more time to process the events, I really lost it. I started balling like crazy. Rustin drove me to his parents and his mom looked at my droopy eye. We decided that we should make a trip to the ER. I was so upset, but asked for a blessing anyway. Whithin a minute I was able to calm down and think about things rationally. It is such an amazing experience for me each time I get a blessing. The preisthood power is very real and what a blessing for us that God has restored the Presithood on the earth here and now. I am so grateful for men in my life that are worthy of that power and are willing to use it in my behalf.
So we left the kiddos with Rus' parents and left for the hospital. I knew that I probably ignore the speedodometer, casue I knew that Rustin would drive fast. Yes we made the trip pretty quick. Upon arriving we check in and wait for 45 min to see the triage nurse. Waiting was horrible, cause my symptoms are getting worse and worse. It is a very weird feeling to have peripheral vision. As soon as the triage nurse heard my symptoms we got right back. They immediately hooked me up to the moniters. The doctor said that he was pretty sure it was not a stroke, but that it was bell's palsy. We had to wait for a CT scan to make sure that nothing was wrong there. I also had to have a EKG and labs done. In the ER they start an IV line and use that for labs and everything. Well I sure have quite the bruise. Apparently I have some thick skin. I would rather have my blood drawn any day over that agian. So all of the tests came back normal. We got to the ER about noon and didn't leave until about 3 maybe a little later. After talking to lots of people I must have a mild case. I am very thankful for. My eye is still droopy, but not as bad. You can only tell if you really look. My cheek is very numb. The ER doctor said I had early Bell's Palsy so I don't know if my sysmptoms will get worse or what. In conclusion I feel very blessed and thankful. It could have been so much worse. I know that prayers were answered and that the Lord blessed me.
3 comments:
That still is so crazy to me! I'm so glad you're ok!
I've been thinking of you. Thank you for the update. Let me know how it goes okay? Do they think it will go away soon?
Thanks for sharing that. It is great to have the priesthood power in our homes. Greatful that you are okay.
Post a Comment