The funniest and scariest part was when Rus was falling a tree to cut into logs and his saw got pinched in the tree. Now you have to imagine a tree that has been through a fire, the fire went through fast enough to just burn the bark. The tree is probably about 30 feet high and then you see the chain saw just sticking out of the tree. I got a picture of it, but I think Rus erased it. So he didn't have an extra blade so he and I were pushing on the tree to see if we could get it unpinched, that didn't work. Then Rus decided to get one of his straps and pull the tree. He started pulling and the saw came unpinched, my mom was right there and got the saw. I was heading back to the truck to get more straps, because Rus thought he was going to need more leverage... he didn't. So the tree starts falling after this and my mom starts running but the oppisite way Rus was yelling at her to run. I was watching as if it was all in slow motion. My heart racing, finally I yell over here mom. I imagine my mom's adrenaline was racing so much and she was trying not to hurt the saw that it didn't register that she was going the wrong way.
Well this is a picture of all of the wood that we got. A cord is 8 ft long X 8 ft tall X 4 ft wide to give you a better image. My mom and I loaded most of this wood by ourselves while Rus was cutting it. He did help some. All three of us were very tired by the end of the day.
2 comments:
pretty big logs there!!
I have gathered wood several times & it is HARD WORK. Good job, to you & your mom! (& Rus too)
Post a Comment